The launch of Yamaha’s F70 changed customers’ expectations of outboards in this category forever.
Beating in the heart of the F70 is a unique four-cylinder, 16-valve design activated by a single overhead camshaft. The 4-valves per cylinder valvetrain has dramatically increased this outboard’s volumetric efficiency, effectively transferring more air and exhaust at a more efficient rate. This makes the F70 more fuel-efficient, promotes a stronger torque band and makes the F70 lighter than all four-stroke and direct injected two-stroke competitors.
The F70’s awesome performance offers huge versatility and makes it the perfect power option for a huge range of mid-sized fishing boats and pleasure craft.
- F70LA - Electric Start, Tilt System - Electric Start, Transom height - Long
- F70XA- Electric Start, Tilt System - Electric Start, Transom height - Extra-Long
- F70LHA - Electric Start,Tiller Handle, Tilt System - Electric Start, Transom height - Long
- Remarkably light engine
- Single Overhead Camshaft designed for 16 valve
- Impressive 6300rpm
- Engine Type - 4-Stroke, 16 Valve SOHC In-line 4 Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke (mm) - 65 x 75
- Displacement (cc) - 996.0
- Recommended Maximum RPM - 5300 - 6300
- Fuel Management - EFI
- Ignition - TCI
- OEDA Emission Rating - 3
- Lubrication System - Wet sump
- Alternator Output - 12V-16A with Rectifier Regulator
- Gear Ratio - 2.33:1
- Starter System - Electric
- Operation Method - Mechanical Control (Optional Tiller Handle Available)
- Trim and Tilt Method - Power Trim & Tilt
- Digital Gauges - Optional
- Command Link Gauges - Optional
- Transom Height (mm [inch]) - L: 534 [21.0] | X: 648 [25.5]
- Dry Weight (kg) - L: 119 | X: 121
Prices do not include fitting or accessories where applicable.